Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

EXERCISE 3 of WRF-Chem

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Chen Zhiqiang

Dear supporters,

Hello, I have installed the WRFV4.2 to produce the aerosol prediction information, and I'm following tutorial exercises on the WRF-Chem homepage to learn how to use the WRF-Chem.
I have just downloaded the files which are already provided in NEI11_processed and the namelist.input file . but I have trouble in running the last step.

more information as below:

run the execute "mpirun --allow-run-as-root -np 8 ./convert_emiss.exe"

environments:
compiler: GNU-9.3 MPI: openmpi-4.0.3

error message as follows:

At line 1474 of file convert_emiss.f90 (unit = 91, file = 'wrfem_00to12z_d01')
Fortran runtime error: I/O past end of record on unformatted file

Error termination. Backtrace:
At line 1474 of file convert_emiss.f90 (unit = 91, file = 'wrfem_00to12z_d01')
Fortran runtime error: I/O past end of record on unformatted file

key message:
gfortran -o convert_emiss.o -c -o0 -g ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -march=armv8.2-a -mcpu=tsv110 -w -ffree-form
-ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -fopenmp .. convert_emidd.f90

Would you please give me some suggestion on how to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot.

Hi,

We have unfortunately had many issues with the convert_emiss program, and are therefore recommending users to find an alternative emission processing tool while we work on another solution:

e.g.,:

https://www2.acom.ucar.edu/wrf-chem/wrf-chem-tools-community
- see "anthro_emiss" and "EPA_ANTHRO_EMIS"

or

https://gmd.copernicus.org/articles/12/1885/2019/

Thank you for your patience.

Jordan