Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrong aerosol model outputs (TAUAER)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

xiaoya927

Hi,

I'm trying to use WRF-Chem V3.6.1 to conduct aerosol simulations. I used the anthropogenic emissions from NEI2005.

The chem_opt is 2, and mozbc is applied to update the boundary and initial conditions with MOZART output.

The simulation runs successfully as far as I can see. However, the results are not correct.

In the output, the aerosol variables, the value of first output time of TAUAER (1,2,3,4) is zero, then the following values are all constant. For EXTCOF55, it does vary, but really tiny variations, which looks like constant as well. PS: for other variables, meteorological, gas species, seem to be right.

Here is namelist.input file. The emission files, wrfchemi_00z_d01 and wrfchemi_12z_d01, I have checked, both look fine to me.

I couldn't figure out what's wrong and what cause these results.

Thanks!

Yafang