Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to add more variable

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

luwen2020

Hi all,

The version I used is WRF-Chem4.1.3.

The gas-phase chemical and aerosol chemical sheme I used is CBMZ-MOSAIC 8bin AQ.

Now I want to add another 800 variable to this chemopt ,but failed.

it seems that the length of string of chem_opt==10 must small than 7000 .if exceed, the registry program will give a warning such as

WARNING: luwe is not a member of 4D array chem

example1
length=7002
"package cbmz_mosaic_8bin_aq chem_opt==10 - chem:so2,sulf,no2,no,o3,hno3,h2o2,ald,hcho,op1, ....... ,luwen"
it will give warning :"WARNING: luw is not a member of 4D array chem "

example2
length=7001
"package cbmz_mosaic_8bin_aq chem_opt==10 - chem:so2,sulf,no2,no,o3,hno3,h2o2,ald,hcho,op1, ....... ,uwen"
it will give warning :"WARNING: uw is not a member of 4D array chem "

where can i break the length limit?

if you have an good suggestion,please guide me.

Thanks much in advance

Lu wen

Hi Lu,

I'm not sure what about the length limit you are speaking of, but any variable that you add to the chem_opt package also needs to be defined in the Registry, e.g., no2:

state real no2 ikjftb chem 1 - i0{12}rhusdf=(bdy_interp:dt) "no2" "NO2 mixing ratio" "ppmv"

When you say you are going to "add another 800 variable" - do you really mean you are going to add 800 new advected tracers to that chem opt?

Jordan