Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Request help in tracing error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

neel14

Hi,
I am running with chem_opt=202. The run completes successfully but has these outputs in the rsl.out files. I haven't been able to find the reason for these outputs. Have looked at the modules but not sure why these should occur. Kindly provide your insights. Please see line #25629 and #25646 of attachment.

Code:
 fm(           1           1 )=   1.000000      outside fn,1 - activate err22
*** module_cmuaq_bulk, aubr aqintegr1 -- svode failed, istate =          -1

Neeldip

Attachments

• rsl.out.0000.txt
    54.3 MB · Views: 59
Hi Neeldip,

See these lines in module_cmu_dvode_solver.F, which contains the subroutine dvode, the double precision ODE solver called from module_cmu_bulkaqchem.F

! in the output, istate has the following values and meanings.
! 1 means nothing was done, as tout was equal to t with
! istate = 1 in the input.
! 2 means the integration was performed successfully.
! -1 means an excessive amount of work (more than mxstep
! steps) was done on this call, before completing the
! requested task, but the integration was otherwise
! successful as far as t. (mxstep is an optional input
! and is normally 500.) to continue, the user may
! simply reset istate to a value .gt. 1 and call again.
! (the excess work step counter will be reset to 0.)
! in addition, the user may increase mxstep to avoid
! this error return. (see optional input below.)

It looks as though you should be ok, though it's possible these warnings would go away if you decreased the time step. I know yours is 6*DX, though it may just not be enough.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your time and suggestion with the time step. I found that the other one "fm( 1 1 )= 1.000000 outside fn,1 - activate err22" is coming from module_mixactivate.F in phys, line #2103 or line #2468. Not sure which one though.

Neeldip