Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF / WRF-Chem Domain Size Confusion

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

indranil

Respected members,

I am willing to run WRF (3.9.1) / WRF-Chem (3.9.1) using a very large outer domain through a nested domain setup. The outer domain is nearly about 0 to 155 E and -25 to 87 N.

To all the experts, is it allowed to run a regional model like WRF or WRF-Chem in a global scale manner? Will all the Physics and Chemistry parameterizations and assumptions work fine if I simulate a regional model over nearly half of the world?

To all the developers, is there any restriction on choosing the domain size for a regional model like WRF or WRF-Chem? How much big a domain we could define in a regional model that will assume all parameterizations correctly?

I have attached an image of my targeted domain. I am in a very conflicting situation. Please help me.

Attachments

• Domain_For_Doubt.png
    893.2 KB · Views: 992