Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error in Goddard 4-ice microphysics scheme

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jahokson

In my setup, there seems to be an error when using Goddard 4-ice scheme together with MSKF convection/cumulus scheme. It seems that the problem is with WRF Chem and is possibly isolated to this case; but I don't know how I can fix it.

(The problem was originally posted in Running WRF Forum: https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9880)

Attaching my files for reference. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• wrfout_d02_2015-10-15_00%3A00%3A00 (1).nc
    176.3 MB · Views: 34
  • wrfinput_d02 (1).nc
    140.7 MB · Views: 33
  • met_em.d01.2015-10-15_00%3A00%3A00 (1).nc
    26.8 MB · Views: 31
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 32
  • namelist.wps
    1.4 KB · Views: 37
Hi,

Happy to help, though I'm unclear how the error message is a WRF-Chem issue - Can you attach your entire rsl.error? Also, can you ensure that in each of your wrinput files that the value of XLAND is only 1 or 2? This is what is causing the error. My advice would be to add a print statement that writes out the value of xland above the line where it is failing to make sure : call wrf_error_fatal(' xland is not 1. or 2., run stopped'). Note there are multiple places in module_mp_gsfcgce_4ice_nuwrf.F where this error is checked so be sure to add it at the right location -- or all locations (printing line number too).

Jordan