Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) overlay shapefile for WRF domain using domain wizard

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

lslrsgis

Dear WRF community,

I am wondering whether there is a way to overlay shapefile for study area using WRF domain wizard? In this sense, I can check whether the inner domain covers the entire study area.

Further, the tool (plotgrids_new.ncl) provides a way to plot all the domains. However, it seems difficult to overlay a polygon/polyline through gsn_add_* functions. (the frames for the most inner domain will be removed) As indicated in attached figures, D02 frame disappeared when adding polygon.

Thanks,

LSL

Attachments

• wps_show_dom.png
    wps_show_dom.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,325
  • wps_show_dom_Loess.png
    wps_show_dom_Loess.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,325
Hi,
I just found this inquiry and see that it was never answered. I first would like to apologize for the oversight. It was certainly not our intention. To address your question, our group at NCAR does not manage or support the Domain Wizard. If you are interested in using that program, you'll need to contact the NOAA group that runs the program. Here is a link to the program. Perhaps there is some contact information somewhere in there.