Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Releasing a new land surface model for WRF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

vsharma

Hello,

I have in the past many months working on integrating a land surface model into WRF. While the code is stable and works well, I would now like to start working towards releasing the code as a part of the WRF release. My target is to do so within one year. I would be grateful if someone from the WRF Developers Committee and/or the Research board is appointed as a point of contact.

I am also proposing a new model development that is apart from my LSM model but may have significant impact on my project but also on many other research areas where land-atmosphere interaction is crucial. It would useful to get some expert opinion before I embark on this.

Please advice,

Best Regards
Varun Sharma
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Switzerland
Email: varun.sharma@epfl.ch