Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Metis-5.1.0 compilation error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Dear all,
I have a error when I try to compile metis-5.1.0 by this following command
Please help me to solve this problem.
Code:
make config share=1 cc=gcc
rm -rf build/Linux-x86_64
mkdir -p build/Linux-x86_64
cd build/Linux-x86_64 && cmake /work/users/cloud/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0 -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 -DGKLIB_PATH=/work/users/cloud/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0/GKlib -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.4.7
-- The CXX compiler identification is Intel 16.0.0.20160811
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /share/apps/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.4.258/linux/bin/intel64/icpc
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /share/apps/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.4.258/linux/bin/intel64/icpc -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Looking for execinfo.h
-- Looking for execinfo.h - found
-- Looking for getline
-- Looking for getline - found
-- checking for thread-local storage - found
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /export/home/cloud/work/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0/build/Linux-x86_64
make install > make.log
CMake Error at /export/home/cloud/work/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0/build/Linux-x86_64/include/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot copy file
  "/export/home/cloud/work/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0/include/metis.h"
  to "/usr/local/include/metis.h".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)

make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

Attachments

• make.log
    89 KB · Views: 67
The error seems to be in copying /export/home/cloud/work/user/manh/MPAS/MPAS-Model-6.3/metis-5.1.0/include/metis.h to /usr/local/include/metis.h . Do you have write permissions for /usr/local? It's actually not necessary to install Metis in /usr/local/, and you can use the "prefix=[PATH]" option described in Metis's BUILD.txt file to specify an alternate installation path for which you do have write permission.

Dear Mr.mgduda,
I recompile with make config prefix and I have successfully compiled metis on my HPC.
Thank you for your very useful help.