Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Strange output at boundaries

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

neel14

Hi,
I am using ndown to generate boundary conditions for an inner domain. The wrf output of this inner domain however contains narrow bands of strange values at the boundaries. I have given the output of rain variables, but holds true for T2 variable as well. The distinctiveness of the bands increases with the model output time. I am using WRF-4.1.3.
Kindly help in resolving this issue.

Attachments

• ncview.RAINC.jpg
    ncview.RAINC.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 754
  • ncview.RAINNC.jpg
    ncview.RAINNC.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 754
  • namelist.input
    10.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi,
Can you send the namelists you use to run d01, to run ndown, and then I assume this one you sent is for d02? Is that correct? Thanks.

kwerner said:
Can you send the namelists you use to run d01, to run ndown, and then I assume this one you sent is for d02? Is that correct? Thanks.
Yes,they were for d02.
I have attached for d01.

Thanks.

Best
Neeldip

Attachments

• namelist_d01.input
    9.8 KB · Views: 48
  • namelist_ndown.input
    9.8 KB · Views: 50
Hi,
I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it, but try setting nproc_x/y to the same thing you set for the original simulation. Those differ between your namelists. Are you running WRF-Chem? If so, does this happen if you run this on a non-chem build of WRF (just basic WRF)? Thanks!