Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF executables not compiled

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ggp17mkm

Hi,
I have successfully run WRF v4.2.1 in serial with Matthew case study. Now I am trying to compile it with dmpar option 34. I am not getting the executables.
My log.compile is attached. Would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

• log.compile
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Hi,
Do you have MPI installed? If so, was it installed with the same compiler and version you're using to compile WRF? There are some tests you can run to make sure MPI is installed correctly and compatible with your GNU, C, and NetCDF. You can find those here: http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php

If those tests show that everything seems to be installed correctly, please issue the following:
Code:
./clean -a
./configure
setenv J "-j 1"
(or if using bash, use "export J="-j 1")
Code:
./compile em_real >& log.compile
and if it doesn't compile, attach the log.compile file, and your configure.wrf file. Thanks!

Hello,

The tests are all successful.
I followed the suggestions in the previous reply, but no executables created.
Have attached the log.compile and configure.wrf files.

Attachments

• log.compile
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 44
Thanks! The errors you are getting in the compile log are
Code:
/home/sa_cs1jkm/software/WRF/libs/mpich/include: Permission denied

This seems to be a problem with your system settings. If you don't know how to solve this, I would suggest asking for help from a systems administrator at your institution. Unfortunately it's not something we are able to help with.