Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

About new NVIDIA HPC SDK

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Enea2301

Hi! I'm now re-compiling WRF on a new SO and drive, and I've noticed that PGI compilers no longer "exists" (no new versions).

In it's place, NVIDIA HPC SDK has been launched. I wonder if WRF plans to support it or even if it is usable right now as if it was PGI.
(Guess I should ask the same for MPAS as I plan to compile it for GPU, but that should go on its place).
Thanks!!

Hi,
I'm not sure if there are plans to include this in the upcoming release. I'll contact our software engineer to get their input on this and will get back to you.

kwerner said:
Hi,
I'm not sure if there are plans to include this in the upcoming release. I'll contact our software engineer to get their input on this and will get back to you.

Ok, thank you!

Let's hope it comes soon anyway, if not in this release, in some future one. These new compilers are promising.

Thank you for the information. I have passed this on to the administrators on our NCAR supercomputer platform. Once we have a machine where we may test the nvfortran and nvc compilers, we can include the SDK compiler/tools in the standard WRF build options.