Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error: Ran out of valid boundary conditions in file wrfbdy_d01

Israt246

New member
Hi, I am using WPS 4.5 and WRF 4.5.1. I want to run a simulation from 2010-01-01 00 UTC to 2010-01-15 00 UTC for 2 domains. I want to generate daily output and keep all the timesteps in one file per domain. I am using 6 hourly GFS data as the input data. After running wrf.exe, I get the following error in rsl.error.0000 :
Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 7.58.09 PM.png
I checked my wrfout files for both domains using "ncdump -v Times filename" and can see "2010-01-15_00:00:00" listed in both d01 and d02 files. So I am not sure why I got the above error as it seems the model ran and gave output at 2010-01-15 00 UTC, which is the end time defined in the namelist files. I checked the wrfbdy_d01, and it shows times from "2010-01-01_00:00:00" to "2010-01-14_18:00:00" at 6-hour interval. Can anyone please help me understand why I am getting this error and how to get rid of this?

Following is my namelist.wps:
&share
wrf_core = 'ARW',
max_dom = 2,
start_date = '2010-01-01_00:00:00','2010-01-01_00:00:00',
end_date = '2010-01-15_00:00:00','2010-01-15_00:00:00',
interval_seconds = 21600
/

&geogrid
parent_id = 1, 1,
parent_grid_ratio = 1, 3,
i_parent_start = 1, 53,
j_parent_start = 1, 25,
e_we = 150, 220,
e_sn = 130, 214,
geog_data_res = 'default','default',
dx = 15000,
dy = 15000,
map_proj = 'lambert',
ref_lat = 40.549,
ref_lon = -79.121,
truelat1 = 40.549,
truelat2 = 40.549,
stand_lon = -79.121,
geog_data_path = '/scratch/maa13014/isj20001/NRE5175/WRF451-LATEST/WPS-4.5/WPS_GEOG'
/

&ungrib
out_format = 'WPS',
prefix = 'FILE',
/

&metgrid
fg_name = 'FILE'
/


And following is my namelist.input:

&time_control


run_days = 0,


run_hours = 360,


run_minutes = 0,


run_seconds = 0,


start_year = 2010, 2010,


start_month = 01, 01,


start_day = 01, 01,


start_hour = 00, 00,


end_year = 2010, 2010,


end_month = 01, 01,


end_day = 15, 15,


end_hour = 00, 00,


interval_seconds = 21600


input_from_file = .true.,.true.,


history_interval = 1440, 1440,


frames_per_outfile = 15, 15,


restart = .false.,


restart_interval = 7200,


io_form_history = 2


io_form_restart = 2


io_form_input = 2


io_form_boundary = 2


adjust_output_times = .true.,


/

&domains


time_step = 90,


time_step_fract_num = 0,


time_step_fract_den = 1,


max_dom = 2,


e_we = 150, 220,


e_sn = 130, 214,


e_vert = 45, 45,


dzstretch_s = 1.1


p_top_requested = 5000,


num_metgrid_levels = 27,


num_metgrid_soil_levels = 4,


dx = 15000,


dy = 15000,


grid_id = 1, 2,


parent_id = 0, 1,


i_parent_start = 1, 53,


j_parent_start = 1, 25,


parent_grid_ratio = 1, 3,


parent_time_step_ratio = 1, 3,


feedback = 1,


smooth_option = 0,


sfcp_to_sfcp = .true.,


/

&physics


mp_physics = 1, 1,


cu_physics = 1, 1,


ra_lw_physics = 4, 4,


ra_sw_physics = 4, 4,


bl_pbl_physics = 1, 1,


sf_sfclay_physics = 1, 1,


sf_surface_physics = 2, 2,


radt = 15, 15,


bldt = 0, 0,


cudt = 0, 0,


icloud = 1,


num_land_cat = 21,


sf_urban_physics = 0, 0,


fractional_seaice = 1,
/
&fdda

/

&dynamics


hybrid_opt = 2,


w_damping = 0,


diff_opt = 2, 2,


km_opt = 4, 4,


diff_6th_opt = 0, 0,


diff_6th_factor = 0.12, 0.12,


base_temp = 290.


damp_opt = 3,


zdamp = 5000., 5000.,


dampcoef = 0.2, 0.2,


khdif = 0, 0,


kvdif = 0, 0,


non_hydrostatic = .true., .true.,


moist_adv_opt = 1, 1,


scalar_adv_opt = 1, 1,


gwd_opt = 1, 0,


/

&bdy_control


spec_bdy_width = 5,


specified = .true.


/

&grib2


/

&namelist_quilt


nio_tasks_per_group = 0,


nio_groups = 1,


/


I have attached the two namelist files as well.
 

Attachments

  • namelist.wps
    749 bytes · Views: 1
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
I'm not sure why you got that error either. Typically when that happens, it means you likely have one of the run_* parameters set for a longer period of time than for which you ran real.exe; however, you have it set to 360 hours, which is 15 days. Just check the output for that final time to make sure everything looks reasonable. If it does, then I think it's okay to ignore the message.
 
Hi,
I'm not sure why you got that error either. Typically when that happens, it means you likely have one of the run_* parameters set for a longer period of time than for which you ran real.exe; however, you have it set to 360 hours, which is 15 days. Just check the output for that final time to make sure everything looks reasonable. If it does, then I think it's okay to ignore the message.
The output for the final time time looks good. Thank you!
 
Top