Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

‘ieee_arithmetic’ with WRF 4.1 compilation

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

lslrsgis

Dear WRFhelp,

I have met a problem ‘ieee_arithmetic’ with WRF 4.1 compilation. When executing ./compile, the first error comes:

time gfortran -o ../phys/module_checkerror.o -c -O2 -ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -fopenmp -I../dyn_em -I../dyn_nmm -I /vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/main -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/external/io_netcdf -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UC M_4.1/WRF-4.1/external/io_int -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/frame -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/share -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/phys -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_U CM_4.1/WRF-4.1/wrftladj -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/chem -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/WRF_UCM_4.1/WRF-4.1/inc -I/vd03/sliu/WRF_SIMU/LIB/netcdf/include ../phys/module_checkerror.f90
212 ../phys/module_checkerror.f90:73.18:
214 use, intrinsic :: ieee_arithmetic
215 1
216 Fatal Error: Can't find an intrinsic module named 'ieee_arithmetic' at (1)

Any indication is appreciated. Thanks!

LSL

Attachments

• log.em_real.txt
    108.9 KB · Views: 47
LSL,

We are working on a fix for the unconditional use of IEEE_arithmetic in the WRF code. Please take a look at https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/pull/906. We would like to know if this fixes the problem.

If you are unfamiliar with git and github, you can get that code version with these commands:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/davegill/WRF WRF_ieee_test
cd WRF_ieee_test
git checkout allow_non_ieee_gnu

Once we have confirmation that this PR provides a correct solution, we will put this fix into a release branch.

Dave