Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Read in hourly emission files

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi,

I'm using WRF-Chem to simulation regional air pollution, and I use hourly emission files which are linked as:
wrfchemi_00z_d01 and wrfchemi_12z_d01
Each of these two files contain 12 hourly emissions, and I want daily emissions to stay the same (read the same files).

How should I set the namelist? Right now I'm doing:
auxinput5_interval_m = 86400
io_form_auxinput5 = 2

However, in the running log files (rsl.out.*), I only see the history of reading the first hour emission:

mediation_integrate: med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: Open file wrfchemi_00z_d01
HOURLY EMISSIONS UPDATE TIME 0.0 0.0
mediation_integrate: med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: Read emissions for time 2014-01-01_00:00:00

But there is no history like that for wrfchemi_12z_d01 or for other hours. How do I make sure the emission file is read by WRF-Chem every hour?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

You will need to set the interval to match 1 hour (because you have emission values every hour), so:
auxinput5_interval_m = 60

Note that this value must be in minutes, not seconds.

cheers,
Doug