Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Building WRF-Chem v4.1.1 with KPP - Problems building executables

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jhernadi

Hi all.

I am in the process of compiling WRF-Chem v4.1.1 with KPP. So far I have compiled the model without inconvente (WRF and WRF-Chem without KPP). Analyzing the log (attached in this post) of the process, I have been able to observe the following:

Code:
KPP is parsing the equation file.
KPP was told to generate WRF conform code
KPP is computing Jacobian sparsity structure.
KPP is starting the code generation.
KPP is initializing the code generation.

KPP is using the WRF conform integrator routine:
 /home/koyo/KPP/WRF/chem/KPP/kpp/kpp-2.1/int/WRF_conform/rosenbrock

Fatal error : .f90: Can't read file
Program aborted
make: *** [Makefile:3: cb05_sorg_aq_Integrator.f90] Error 3
grep: ../../../module_kpp_cb05_sorg_aq_Integr.F: No such file or directory
Makefile:50: warning: overriding recipe for target '.F.o'
../../../../configure.wrf:345: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '.F.o'
Makefile:58: warning: overriding recipe for target '.c.o'
../../../../configure.wrf:374: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '.c.o'
rm -f decomp_uses.inc

I have run out of ideas to solve this problem, and I followed the different manuals and forums that I have found throughout the internet and this forum.

The version of the programs that I am using to compile the model are:

Code:
Inazuma ~/KPP/WRF $ flex --version
flex version 2.5.3

Code:
Inazuma ~/KPP/WRF $ byacc -V
byacc - 1.9 20100216

Code:
Inazuma ~/KPP/WRF $ gfortran -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gfortran
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-8.3.0-r1/work/gcc-8.3.0/configure --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/8.3.0 --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/include --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0 --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/man --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/include/g++-v8 --with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.3.0/python --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --enable-obsolete --enable-secureplt --disable-werror --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-checking=release --with-bugurl=https://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 8.3.0-r1 p1.1' --disable-esp --enable-libstdcxx-time --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-multilib --with-multilib-list=m32,m64 --disable-altivec --disable-fixed-point --enable-targets=all --enable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libmpx --disable-systemtap --enable-vtable-verify --enable-lto --with-isl --disable-isl-version-check --enable-default-pie --disable-default-ssp
Thread model: posix
gcc version 8.3.0

FLEX and BYACC have been compiled manually (in that order), and I have verified that the length of the WRF_DIR does not exceed 40 characters (a total of 18 characters).

I attach the compilation log and the configuration file:

Thank you all for the reading and the help you can give me.