Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wet deposition of CH3COOH

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

chmahk

Hello
Good afternoon.
I am wondering how I can include the wet and dry deposition of acetic acid (CH3COOH) in the model. If I don't have the parameters for both depositions of CH3COOH, I can at least use similar species deposition parameters (e.g. HNO3 or H2O2). Can anybody please suggest me how I can incorporate these in the model?
Best Wishes,
Anwar

Hi Anwar,

Your best practice is to review the dry deposition and wet deposition code to see how other species are treated. You will see that there is a dependence on the chemistry scheme chosen, so you will need to follow the algorithm carefully. In general, the code assigns characteristics to each species being deposited. Thus, for acetic acid you would just need to mimic what is done for another species.

Mary