Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Metgrid not compiled: File ‘netcdf.mod’ opened at (1) is not a GNU Fortran module file

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ggp17mkm

Hello,

I have compiled WPS now, however metgrid.exe is absent. Also, I have this message on the command line: Your Fortran + NETCDF did not run successfully. I have attached the log.compile file.

Attachments

• logcompile.txt
    109.1 KB · Views: 88
Hi,
Errors in metgrid are all related to the netCDF library, and in metgrid, we make direct calls to the netCDF Fortran 90 interface, while we think the WRF netCDF I/O API only uses the netCDF Fortran 77 interface. As long as you are not intending to use the ability to initialize WRF simulations with MPAS output, I've attached a modified file that I hope will help. Place this file in your WPS/metgrid/src directory and then recompile. Let me know if that helps.

Attachments

• scan_input.F
    23.5 KB · Views: 174
I *think* it should be okay to compile without the clean -a, but WPS compiles so quickly that it doesn't really hurt to make sure and compile from clean code.