initial and boundary conditions of temperature

Topics related to running the metgrid.exe program
chmahk

initial and boundary conditions of temperature

Post by chmahk » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Hi
I am wondering whether anybody can help me how I can alter the initial and boundary conditions of temperature.
Thanks,

Ming Chen

Re: initial and boundary conditions of temperature

Post by Ming Chen » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm

We provide an utility to change data in netCDF file, including wrfinput and wrfbdy. Please see the code and its usage here:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTut ... ptions.php

Alternatively, you can also use NCK, PYTHON, NCO or any other software package you are familiar to change data in wrfinput/wrfbdy.
WRF Help Desk

chmahk

Post by chmahk » Thu May 06, 2021 10:40 am

Ming Chen wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm
We provide an utility to change data in netCDF file, including wrfinput and wrfbdy. Please see the code and its usage here:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTut ... ptions.php

Alternatively, you can also use NCK, PYTHON, NCO or any other software package you are familiar to change data in wrfinput/wrfbdy.
Thanks Ming for your suggestion. I will be able to chenge this using NCL. Just wondering whether I need to change in both wrfinput and wrfbdy files. In wrfinput, I can see the variable T and in wrfbdy, I can see some of the T related variables T_BXS, T_BXE, T_BYS, T_BYE, T_BTXS, T_BTXE, T_BTYS, T_BTYE. Do I need to change all of the parameters to change the temperature?

Ming Chen

Post by Ming Chen » Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 am

Whether you need to change temperature in the wrfbdy file depends on the sensitivity experiment you will do. In most cases, I believe that both wrfinput and wrfbdy should be changed. Otherwise there will exist inconsistency between the initial data and the boundary forcing.
WRF Help Desk

Return to “metgrid”