Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

geogrid issue with new static data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jalter

I use high resolution terrain data to create a new file 'topo_ASTER ' in the geog ,and make a new option in the GEOGRID.TBL
However ,when I am tryintg torun ./geogrid.exe , this code shows up :In /geog/topo_ASTER/index,unrecognized option in entry 16.
The index is that:
type = continuous
signed = yes
projection = regular_ll
dx = 0.00027777778
dy = 0.00027777778
known_x = 1.0
known_y = 1.0
known_lat = 31
known_lon = 100
wordsize =2
endian = little
filename_digits=6
tile_x = 3601
tile_y = 3601
tile_z = 1
row_order=top_bottom
missing_value = 32768
units = "meters MSL"
description = "ASTER 1-sec Topography Height"

the entry 16 is "row_order=top_bottom"
Why is it unrecongnized ?

Can you provide a copy of your GEOGRID.TBL file? Also, which version of the WPS are you using?

WPS 3.7.1

GEOGRID.TBL
name = HGT_M
priority = 1
dest_type = continuous
smooth_option = smth-desmth_special; smooth_passes=1
fill_missing=0.
interp_option = ASTER:average_gcell(4.0)+four_pt+average_4pt
interp_option = 30s:average_gcell(4.0)+four_pt+average_4pt
interp_option = 2m:four_pt
interp_option = 5m:four_pt
interp_option = 10m:four_pt
interp_option = default:four_pt
rel_path=ASTER:topo_ASTER/
rel_path= 30s:topo_30s/
rel_path= 2m:topo_2m/
rel_path= 5m:topo_5m/
rel_path= 10m:topo_10m/
rel_path= default:topo_2m/

It looks like the error from the 'index' file parser is misleading: the error is not actually from line 16 of the 'index' file, but refers to the filename_digits option, which wasn't introduced until WPS v3.8 (http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wpsv3.8/updates-3.8.html). Updating to a newer version of the WPS should help.

I've opened up an issue in the WPS repository so we can get this fixed in a future release: https://github.com/wrf-model/WPS/issues/87 . Sorry about the troubles this has caused!