Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF compile problem libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Oget_info'

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Zhanghc

Dear all,

I am doing WRF compiling.
I typed the following in the command line: ./configure, and I choose 16 (dm+sm) INTEL (ifort/icc), it succeeded.
When I typed the following in the command line: ./compile em_real >&log.compile ,
I got the following error,which I couldn’t understand.

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Oget_info'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Sencode'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Oget_info_by_idx'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Rdereference'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Lget_info_by_idx'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../lib64/libhdf5_fortran.so: undefined reference to `H5Lget_info'
0.58user 3.98system 0:04.83elapsed 94%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 470592maxresident)k
0inputs+94920outputs (0major+80717minor)pagefaults 0swaps
make[1]: [em_real] Error 1 (ignored)

I would appreciate it if you would take the time out of your busy schedule to check out my posts and give suggestions.
Best regards,
Hongchi

Attachments

• configure.wps
    3.6 KB · Views: 27
  • configure.wrf
    23 KB · Views: 27
  • wrfcompile.log
    572.6 KB · Views: 25
  • wrfconfigure.log
    11.9 KB · Views: 25
Hongchi,
It looks like you're trying to compile WRF with NetCDF4 options (e.g., compression), which requires the HDF5 libraries. If you don't care about compression, you can ask it to compile without that option by setting the environment variable
Code:
export NETCDF_classic=1

Afterward, you'll need to clean the code and reconfigure before recompiling again
Code:
./clean -a
./configure

If you do intent to use compression, you'll need to make sure you have HDF5 installed and that you point to it in your path. You may need to ask a systems administrator at your institution to help you with this if you're unsure.

Also, if you're not familiar with using dm+sm, you should probably just stick with the dmpar option, as we've seen better results with this option.