Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problem Compiling WRF4.2 - real.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

layousef90

I am following the UCAR tutorial trying to compile WRF V4.2, but when reaching the step of compiling the "real.exe" program, I get error(s) and the .exe files do not get generated.

I've attached the log.compile file for reference.

Please note I'm very new to UNIX and WRF, so any simplified solutions would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• log.compile
    788.5 KB · Views: 58
Please type ./clean -a in top WRF directory, then type ./configure and select the dmpar mode to compile the code. Please save the complete log file for me to take a look.

I followed your instructions and ran ./clean -a, then ./configure, and the resulting log.compile file is attached.

Still having errors in compiling the real case.

Thank you very much in advance for your time in helping with this.

Attachments

• log.compile
    906.3 KB · Views: 53
Your log file shows the following error:/lib/cpp: not found
CPP is the language preprocessor, which should be automatically used by your compiler.
Please talk to your computer manager about this issue.