Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Syntax errors in compiling process

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi,
I met some problems in the process of compiling, the Error in the compile.log says "Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MO DULE_CONFIGURE]". And I attached my compile.log file, is there anyone could help me?
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Hi,
This is the first error in the compile log:
Code:
module_wrf_error.f90(99): error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: , :: : )
    CALL wrf_message( 'FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  '
-------------------------------------------------^
module_wrf_error.f90(106): error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: , :: : )
        CALL wrf_message2( 'FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  '
------------------------------------------------------^
module_wrf_error.f90(133): error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: = .EQV. .NEQV. .XOR. .OR. .AND. .LT. < .LE. <= .EQ. == .NE. /= .GT. > ...
    str_with_rc = TRIM(str
--------------------------^
compilation aborted for module_wrf_error.f90 (code 1)
make[2]: [module_wrf_error.o] Error 1 (ignored)

Did you make any modifications to the code, or is this "out-of-the-box" unmodified code? If you made modifications, it looks like you may have introduced some syntax errors and you'll need to track those down. If you are making modifications, I would suggest only adding small changes at a time and make sure the code compiles before adding more.

If you have not modified any code, based on the appearance of the compile log, it looks like this is an older version of WRF, and the syntax errors may be due to your having a newer compiler, with the older WRF, and they are incompatible.