Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe stop after few interval of time

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Avinash

Hi,
I am trying to run the WRF model with a 3 km resolution for a single domain. After running wrf.exe, the simulation gets stopped after a few intervals of time and there are few variables not written in wrf_out file as well. Only in the first-time step, all variable it has written, but after this, there is some variable missing. I have tried with an all-time step from 10 to 18, eta level (on/off), but still, the same error is facing.
Kindly checks my namelist.input file and give me some solution for the same issue.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    6.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi,
1) What version of the model are you running?
2) What is the resolution of your input data you're using during the WPS process?
3) Can you send your error log files? If you have rsl* files, please package all of them into a single *.TAR file and attach that.
Thanks!

Hi,
Is 3KM the resolution of the first-guess input data you are using to run the ungrib program? For example, GFS data, may come in 1/2 degree or 1/4 degree resolution. What resolution is your input data - whatever type it may be?
Can you please send your error log files? If you have rsl* files, please package all of them into a single *.TAR file and attach that.
Thanks!

Thank You, Sir

I am using gdas_fnl_0.25 deg resolution data (1/4). Herewith, I have attached all rsl files in single zip file along with my namelist.input file. Kindly check it and suggest me for the same issue.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• namelist.input
    6.1 KB · Views: 55
  • rsl_error.zip
    71.3 MB · Views: 56
Hi,
Can you set debug_level = 0 and re-run this? We have recently removed the debug_level option from the default namelist, as this rarely gives any useful information, and only adds a lot of junk to the rsl* files, making them difficult to read through. Consequently, sometimes all of the additional information added to the files can sometimes make the files so large that they cause you to run out of disk space. Once you re-run, assuming you still get the segmentation fault, can you package up the new (much smaller) rsl.error.* files and attach that? Thanks!

Thank you, Sir,

Now, I tried to with debig_level = 0, but still, there are some variables missing in wrf_out files (except at 0-time step wrf_out file) as like an earlier issue. Herewith, I have attached the rsl_error zip file. PFA and give me the solution for the same.

Attachments

• rsl_error.zip
    396.9 KB · Views: 58
In the latest rsl.error* files you sent, it says that WRF ran successfully. What variables are missing from your wrfout* files? Can you show me, or attach a wrfout* file so that I can take a look? If you need to send the wrfout* file, and it's too large, please see the home page of this forum for guidance on sending large files. Thanks!