Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) nest outputs with ndown have zero-values

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

caterina_mogno

Hi all,

I am trying to run a nested simulation with WRF using down.exe. I have followed the steps in the guide, and I arrive to run wrf.exe for the nested domain succesfully. However, variables outputs for the nest have all zero-values, except for the initial values ( I checked wrfinput and wrfbdy and they have non-zero values). For example I have attached results for surface pressure at time 0 and at time 100:

time0.png
time100.png

What might be the problem?

I have attached also the namelist.input I use to run real.exe, ndown.exe and wrf.exe

Thanks in advance for help!

Caterina

Attachments

• namelist_ndown.input
    8.4 KB · Views: 50
  • namelist_nest.input
    8.6 KB · Views: 51
  • namelist_real.input
    8.4 KB · Views: 38
Hi Caterina,
I'm not exactly sure what is causing the problem, but I did notice that you changed your radiation physics between the initial run and the nest run. You should keep those the same. Modify your LW/SW radiation to use the same scheme, and try running again. I suspect that won't correct the problem, though. If not, it appears that you may be running wrf-chem. If so, can you try to run a basic WRF run (no chemistry) with code compiled without the chemistry option and see if you still have the problem? Thanks!

Hi kwerner,

Thanks for your reply!
I finally managed to solve the issue by restarting from scratch, first with meteorology only and the adding also chemistry, and it worked.

Best!