Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF compiling issue on Cheyenne

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Jade666

I was trying to use a pre-compiled wrf (compiled in Yellowstone) in Cheyenne but got this error multiple times as below:

./wrf.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am assuming this is because there is certain path did not set right in my wrf, so I tried to reconfigure and recompile but kept getting errors. This version of my wrf had successfully compiled and ran in Yellowstone. I am really new in the modeling world, so I am not sure how to fix it.

With this post, I have attached the compile log file. Hope someone can provide some suggestion.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Hi,

In your compile log, the first error that I see is related to cpp:

/lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I. io_grib_share.F > io_grib_share.f90
ifort -i4 -I. -w -ftz -align all -fno-alias -fp-model precise -FR -convert big_endian -I. -c io_grib_share.f90
io_grib_share.f90(1): error #5082: Syntax error, found '/' when expecting one of: <LABEL> <END-OF-STATEMENT> ; TYPE INTEGER REAL COMPLEX BYTE CHARACTER CLASS DOUBLE ...
/* Copyright (C) 1991-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
^
io_grib_share.f90(16): error #5145: Invalid blank/tab
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. */
----------------------------------^

Try doing the following steps:

1) clean -a
2) ./configure

Then go into your configure.wrf file and find these lines:

FORMAT_FIXED = -FI
FORMAT_FREE = -FR

and add '-cpp' to the end, so that they now look like:

FORMAT_FIXED = -FI -cpp