Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Segmentation Fault for wrf_interp.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

gabriel_bromley

Hello,

I am trying to get vertical profiles from my WRF data to compare to soundings. I was hoping to use wrf_interp to get the data from model levels to pressure levels. However, when I use the program it gets a seg fault. Is this still the preferred way to calculate pressure levels? Is there an easier way for this conversion?

The utility and namelist is located at:/glade/u/home/gbromley/WRF_INTERP

I tried compiling with 2 different versions of ifort, and the result is the same.

Thanks

Gabe

Hi Gabe,
The wrf_interp program is pretty old and hasn't been properly tested or managed in several years. We can look into it to see what's going on, but you may also want to try the NCL function wrf_user_vert_interp. Take a look at this presentation, and look for that function, and see if you think that could be helpful. There is also an NCL section for this forum, where you can ask questions specifically about NCL for WRF, if you get that far and need some assistance.