Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Adding the radionuclides component to WRF-Chem

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

metroid2012

Hi,
i saw a paper of Hu et al. 2014 on modeling the fukushima nuclear accident with Wrf-Chem with added isotopes scheme models. Will the model include soon a radionuclide component to model the atmospheric dispersion?

the link tothe article :
https://acp.copernicus.org/articles/14/11065/2014/

Hi,

I am not aware of plans to add a radionuclide component, however, my advice would be to email the authors of the paper to see if they are willing to share their code with you. Additionally, if they are interested and pending how it was implemented, I can work with the authors to get their code submitted to the community version of WRF-Chem. If the latter, please send me private email message through this forum - then I can send you my official email and be cc/d on any requests to the authors.

Jordan