Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

An Error with Regional Simulation

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

wuzhongyuan

Good morning,
I want to run MPAS for regional simulation. So I use MPAS-Limited-Area-master to generate a japan.grid.nc file. I use this file to product IC/BC。But there is an error with zgrid when I running init_atmosphere_model. It seems that the input stream error with vertical grid information. And the maximum value of the zgrid field is 0. So what's the reason for this problem. and How to solve it?
I would appreciate any advice as to how I may resolve this. Thanks!
Error_CL845FM0NT6EV.png

As described in Section 8.2 of the User's Guide, you will need to set up the "input" stream to read a file that contains information about the vertical grid, since the creation of LBCs involves not only horizontal interpolation but also vertical interpolation. If you have already generated initial conditions for your limited-area domain, the simplest solution would be use the initial conditions file as input to the init_atmosphere_model program when generating LBCs, since the initial conditions contain vertical grid information.