Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Compilation process of WRFDA is not creating all the 44 executables

imamah

Hello everyone !
I am trying to compile WRFDA (WRF version 4.5.2).
however after compilation only these many execuatbles are being created

-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 34448 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_advance_time.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 105952 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_bias_airmass.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 97360 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_bias_scan.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 43584 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_bias_sele.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 52160 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_bias_verif.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 125808 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_tune_obs_desroziers.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 270304 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_tune_obs_hollingsworth1.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 184216 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/da_tune_obs_hollingsworth2.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 179336 Feb 29 16:43 var/build/gen_be_stage2_gsi.exe
-rwxrwxr-x 1 imamah imamah 1099600 Feb 29 16:46 var/obsproc/src/obsproc.exe

I am attaching my compilation log file. Please, can anyone guide me?

Attachments

• compile (copy).txt
    557.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello imamah,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Looking at your log file I see you're getting this error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdf5_hl_fortran /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdf5_fortran collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I have run into this issue before, however to resolve it I simply removed the libraries I had and re-setup them up all over again, however you can likely just re-configure your hdf5 library and ensure the correct paths are set and try it again.

If that doesn't work, please tell us how you're configuring hdf5. If you're installing it with your package manager (apt, pacman, dnf), then I would advise against that and instead try it with the actual package and configure it that way (see code block below). I tried using homebrew on my mac and pointing it to that library and I received that error, however when I downloaded the actual package and set it up I was able to get it to compile without a problem. You need zlib before you can run this.

Here is how I configured it:
export DIR=path/to/wrf_library/Library_gcc8 wget -c https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/hdf5-1.12/hdf5-1.12.0/src/hdf5-1.12.0.tar.gz tar -xvzf hdf5-1.12.0.tar.gz cd hdf5-1.12.0 make clean ./configure --prefix=$DIR --with-zlib=$DIR --enable-hl --enable-fortran make make check make install export HDF5=$DIR export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If that did work or you figured it out, please let us know as I know others (including me), have run into this issue before.

Thanks,
JeremyB

Hello imamah,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Looking at your log file I see you're getting this error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdf5_hl_fortran /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdf5_fortran collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I have run into this issue before, however to resolve it I simply removed the libraries I had and re-setup them up all over again, however you can likely just re-configure your hdf5 library and ensure the correct paths are set and try it again.

If that doesn't work, please tell us how you're configuring hdf5. If you're installing it with your package manager (apt, pacman, dnf), then I would advise against that and instead try it with the actual package and configure it that way (see code block below). I tried using homebrew on my mac and pointing it to that library and I received that error, however when I downloaded the actual package and set it up I was able to get it to compile without a problem. You need zlib before you can run this.

Here is how I configured it:
export DIR=path/to/wrf_library/Library_gcc8 wget -c https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/hdf5-1.12/hdf5-1.12.0/src/hdf5-1.12.0.tar.gz tar -xvzf hdf5-1.12.0.tar.gz cd hdf5-1.12.0 make clean ./configure --prefix=$DIR --with-zlib=$DIR --enable-hl --enable-fortran make make check make install export HDF5=$DIR export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If that did work or you figured it out, please let us know as I know others (including me), have run into this issue before.

Thanks,
JeremyB
Hey !!
Thank you replying to my query. However, my problem didn't resolve. This time i had to kill the compilation process because it was printing thousands of these lines : WARNING: There is no 4D array named pert3d
Even after downloading HDF5 from the source given by you and installing it the way you have written, still my problem didn't solve.

here is how my bashrc file looks like :
export DIR=/home/imamah/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES
export CC=gcc
export CXX=g++
export FC=gfortran
export FCFLAGS=-m64
export F77=gfortran
export FFLAGS=-m64
export JASPERLIB=$DIR/lib
export JASPERINC=$DIR/include
export LDFLAGS=-L$DIR/lib
export CPPFLAGS=-I$DIR/include