Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

CRITICAL ERROR: Error in interpolation of st_fg to MPAS grid: num_st = 18642

518er2005

Hello all, this is my second post of today. After my failed simulation using ERA-5 as the initial condition, I tried using IMDAA data provided by "NCMRWF." The single-level datasets include:
10m U-Component of Wind, 10m V-Component of Wind, 2m Temperature, Surface Temperature (skin), Mean Sea Level Pressure,Surface Pressure, 2m Relative Humidity, Soil Moisture Layer1 (0-0.1 m below ground), Soil Moisture Layer2 (0.1-0.35 m below ground), Soil Moisture Layer3 (0.35-1 m below ground),Soil Moisture Layer4 (1-3 m below ground), Soil Temperature Layer1 (0-0.1 m below ground), Soil Temperature Layer2 (0.1-0.35 m below ground), Soil Temperature Layer3 (0.35-1 m below ground), Soil Temperature Layer4 (1-3 m below ground), Land Cover (Land Sea Mask), Model Terrain Height.
The pressure Level Dataset includes:
U-Component of Wind, V-Component of Wind, Temperature, Geopotential height, Relative Humidity.

According to the procedure, the data is ungribbed properly. But when I try to create the regional initial conditions, I am getting the following error :
Beginning MPAS-init_atmosphere Error Log File for task 6 of 24
Opened at 2023/04/12 22:01:43
----------------------------------------------------------------------

CRITICAL ERROR: Error in interpolation of st_fg to MPAS grid: num_st = 18642
Logging complete. Closing file at 2023/04/12 22:01:43.

I would appreciate any advice as to how I might resolve this. I am also attaching the log.init_atmosphere.0000.out, namelist.init_atmosphere and the log.init_atmosphere.0000.err.

Attachments

• log.init_atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 3
  • log.init_atmosphere.0006.err.txt
    383 bytes · Views: 2
  • namelist.init_atmosphere.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • streams.init_atmosphere.txt
    913 bytes · Views: 2
Reviving this thread. Was this issue sorted? If so, can anyone provide the solution? I am running into the same issue. I have followed the instructions to download the ERA5 data from NCAR RDA, and still see this issue.
Thanks,
Raghu