Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

da_wrfvar.exe gets stuck midway through execution

JeremyB

Hello,

Recently, I have been trying to run da_wrfvar.exe, but it constantly gets stuck. When I use more cores to run the executable, it usually progresses further than before but it still gets stuck. If I try using more cores, I reach the core limit and then it starts crashing due to too many cores. My current setup goes from 8/23 - 8/25, and when I check the rsl.error.0000 file, it will get stuck on something like this (see the line below)
"Timing for main: time 2022-08-23_01:45:16 on domain 3: 0.20948 elapsed seconds"

I have attached a few files for reference. I can also describe my setup in depth if that is necessary.

Thanks,
Jeremy B

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.error.0000
    85.1 KB · Views: 1
  • rsl.out.0000
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
While I never found a solution for this, I ended up using more cpu's with more RAM and decreasing the total time to assimilate for 6 hours and it completes. I also decreased the number of times it takes to converge and got it working that way.