Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Difficulties with chem_opt=108

HJORQUER

Hello everybody

I am having difficulties in running wrf-chem with mechanism 108 (RACM-VBS-SOA) in two domains in South America. Although version 3.9.1 runs until end of simulation time, the resulting PM2.5 values are huge, in practice infinite, so something is wrong but I cannot pinpoint the error.

I am trying to run version 4.3.2 but the model stops with a segmentation fault so I do not know what I am doing wrong.
I am attaching the namelist and error logs for the 4.3.2 version run. This same namelist runs fine for mechanism 106 (RACM-MADE-SORGAM).

Regards

Hector

Attachments

• namelist.input.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 26
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • rsl.error.0001.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • rsl.error.0002.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • rsl.error.0003.txt
  • rsl.error.0004.txt
  • rsl.error.0005.txt
  • rsl.error.0006.txt
  • rsl.error.0007.txt
  • rsl.error.0008.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Hi Hector,

I don't see anything immediately standing out. Can you try to individual turn off aerchem and gaschem as well as turn off your emissions? You can also try setting chemdt = 0. My guess is it may be a problem with your input files.

Jordan

Hi Hector,

I don't see anything immediately standing out. Can you try to individual turn off aerchem and gaschem as well as turn off your emissions? You can also try setting chemdt = 0. My guess is it may be a problem with your input files.

Jorda
Hi Jordan

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try those options and see what happens
Regards
Héctor

Hi Hector,

Jordan
Hi Jordan

I have tried turning off emissions (putting zeroes everywhere) but the problem persists: the results for gases follow a rather constant (boundary?) value, but the PM10 and PM2.5 remain extremely high, so it is not an issue with the emission inputs. I will now check turning off aerosol chemistry.

Regards