Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/CHARACTER(*))

HCY

Hello,

Since it seems that gcc-4.8.5 is too old and might cause some problems, I recompile all the libraries with newer compilers(gcc 13.1.0)
However, I encounter this problem:
Code:
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/CHARACTER(*)).
mpas_dmpar.F:391:24:

391 |          call MPI_Bcast(i, 1, MPI_INTEGERKIND, source, dminfo % comm, mpi_ierr)
  714 |          call MPI_Bcast(carray, n * len(carray(1)), MPI_CHARACTER, source, dminfo % comm, mpi_ierr)
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/CHARACTER(*)).

I have tried adding:

export MPAS_EXTERNAL_FFLAGS="-fallow-argument-mismatch"
export MPAS_EXTERNAL_FCLAGS="-fallow-invalid-boz"
(I tried these since I have encountered similar problem when recompiling netcdf-fotran with gcc-13.1.0)

but it still didn't work

Could someone please help me with this?
Thanks!!!

Hello,

Since it seems that gcc-4.8.5 is too old and might cause some problems, I recompile all the libraries with newer compilers(gcc 13.1.0)
However, I encounter this problem:
Code:
mpas_dmpar.F:391:24:

391 |          call MPI_Bcast(i, 1, MPI_INTEGERKIND, source, dminfo % comm, mpi_ierr)
  714 |          call MPI_Bcast(carray, n * len(carray(1)), MPI_CHARACTER, source, dminfo % comm, mpi_ierr)

I have tried adding:

export MPAS_EXTERNAL_FFLAGS="-fallow-argument-mismatch"
export MPAS_EXTERNAL_FCLAGS="-fallow-invalid-boz"
(I tried these since I have encountered similar problem when recompiling netcdf-fotran with gcc-13.1.0)

but it still didn't work

Could someone please help me with this?
Thanks!!!
@HCY Try homebrew gcc@12

I've had problems with 13 and still havent figure out what changed in 13 that those flags no longer work.

Thank you for your reply!

However, I encounter type mismatch when building pio-2.5.4 with gcc@12...
Code:
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (LOGICAL(4)/TYPE(failed_info)).
pio_tutil.F90:291:46:

291 |       CALL MPI_GATHER(failed, 1, MPI_LOGICAL, failed_ranks, 1, MPI_LOGICAL, 0, comm, ierr)
 1047 |       CALL MPI_GATHER(lfail_info, 3, MPI_DOUBLE, gfail_info, 3, MPI_DOUBLE, 0, pio_tf_comm_, ierr)
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (LOGICAL(4)/TYPE(failed_info))
(I have add:
export FFLAGS=-fallow-argument-mismatch
export FCFLAGS=-fallow-invalid-boz)

Perhaps I should try gcc@11...? or is there any other solution to this?
Could using mvapich2 be the cause of these?

thanks

Thank you for your reply!

However, I encounter type mismatch when building pio-2.5.4 with gcc@12...
Code:
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (LOGICAL(4)/TYPE(failed_info)).
pio_tutil.F90:291:46:

291 |       CALL MPI_GATHER(failed, 1, MPI_LOGICAL, failed_ranks, 1, MPI_LOGICAL, 0, comm, ierr)
 1047 |       CALL MPI_GATHER(lfail_info, 3, MPI_DOUBLE, gfail_info, 3, MPI_DOUBLE, 0, pio_tf_comm_, ierr)
Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (LOGICAL(4)/TYPE(failed_info))
(I have add:
export FFLAGS=-fallow-argument-mismatch
export FCFLAGS=-fallow-invalid-boz)

Perhaps I should try gcc@11...? or is there any other solution to this?
Could using mvapich2 be the cause of these?

thanks
We will have to ask @mgduda since he is the expert in MPAS.