Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error when runs real.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

youngjoy

I try to run the case named "Nested Domain (2-way, 2 Input Files): Real and WRF" on WRF-ARM Online Tutorial. But when executing real.exe, it doesn't generate any files. I will appreciate it if anybody can help me solve this problem and files about namelist and errors are attached below.

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    676 bytes · Views: 8
  • namelist.input
    3.6 KB · Views: 14
  • rsl.out.txt
    215 bytes · Views: 7
  • rsl.error.txt
    429 bytes · Views: 12
Thanks. The error message you're getting is:
Code:
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    5654
 invalid parent id for domain            2
and I see that you have parent_id = 1, 1 in both namelist.wps and namelist.input, and this should actually be okay. However, since you're getting this error, can you try to run WPS again (only geogrid and metgrid), using parent_id = 0, 1, and then try to run real.exe, also setting it =0,1 to see if that gets rid of the problem.

If that doesn't work, can you go to the directory where you're running real.exe and issue
Code:
ls -ls >& ls.txt
and then issue
Code:
foreach f (met_em*)
ncdump -h $f >& $f.txt
and then send me (attach) all the met_em*.txt files, along with the ls.txt file. Thanks!

Hi,
Unfortunately we aren't able to open a *.rar file. Can you resend the met_em package as a *.tar file, instead? Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I have run it again finding the problem in the file namelist.input and solved it. Thanks again.

That's great news! Can you let me know the problem in the namelist that caused it? This could potentially help other users in the future. Thanks!

I found that I had typed "," as "." somewhere. However, it also has other errors. And I add "io_form_auxinput2 = 2" running successfully.