Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

errors while compiling WRF-Chem

charman

Dear all

I have met the error when compiling the WRF-CHEM:

USE module_aerosols_sorgam, ONLY: sum_pm_sorgam
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'module_aerosols_sorgam.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make[2]: [start_em.o] Error 1 (ignored)

USE module_input_chem_data
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'module_input_chem_data.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make[1]: [real_em.o] Error 1 (ignored)

gfortran: error: ndown_em.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: [em_real] Error 1 (ignored)

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

gfortran: error: nup_em.o: No such file or directory

gfortran: error: real_em.o: No such file or directory

I'm at a loss for what else to do to resolve this issue, any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and insights!

Which version of WRF are you using? 4.4 or 4.4.1?

Hi Whatheway,
The version of my WRF is 3.9.1.1, the chemistry is V3.9.1. Please let me know if you need other information.

Hi Whatheway,
The version of my WRF is 3.9.1.1, the chemistry is V3.9.1. Please let me know if you need other information.
Can you provide your rsl.error.0000 logs, namelist.input, and namelist.wps files please?

Can you provide your rsl.error.0000 logs, namelist.input, and namelist.wps files please?
Sure, but I don't have any rsl.error.0000 logs, the errors comes out when I tried to recompile the WRF with chemistry code, and the executions are not successfully generated (ndown.exe, real.exe, tc.exe, wrf.exe). Here is my complete compilelog files and namelists.

Attachments

• log.txt
    966.3 KB · Views: 3
  • namelistv3input.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
  • namelistwps.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 4
I would recommend using the latest 4.4.1 WRF code and WPS 4.4. If I remember correctly there were some bugs in the older versions that were fixed.