Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input (&chem)

Yang Chen

Dear everyone,

I met a problem when running WRF-chem:

taskid: 0 hostname: n50
------ ERROR while reading namelist chem ------
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 11345
ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.
-------------------------------------------

Figure 2 shows the chem section of my namelist.input, I made an attempt and found that It would not report this error if I removed the &chem line, but after a successful run I found that none of my wrfinput, wrfbdy, or wrfout files were outputting any chem-related variables (as shown in Figure 3). It looked as if my chem module doesn't seem to be running.

If anyone can help me with this question? Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 微信图片_20231022154751.png
    微信图片_20231022154751.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 微信图片_20231022154744.png
    微信图片_20231022154744.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 微信图片_20231022144200.png
    微信图片_20231022144200.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
Good afternoon @Yang Chen

Can you attach the following files in a a zip file?

1. namelist.input
2. namelist.wps
3. all rsl.out files
4. all rsl.error files

Bash:
grep -i FATAL rsl.*

grep -i error rsl.*

grep -i SIGSEGV rsl.*

grep -i cfl rsl.*

you can also enter these commands in the terminal where the rsl files are located to see if any errors occured

Dear William,

Thank you very much for your kind help.
There is good news: yesterday I solved the error by removing the first line of code budgetdiag=1 in the &chem section and succeeded to output some aerosol variables.

However, I don't understand the underlying reason why this problem occurs and is solved. I am attaching my current successful namelist.wps (no changes were made before and after the problem was solved) and namelist.input (solved the problem mainly by deleting budgetdiag=1), and the namelist.input that failed before. All the previous rsl.error and rsl.out files are currently gone, but I've checked before and all show that error screen above.

Thank you again!

Attachments

• namelist.zip
    4 KB · Views: 14