Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Excuse me, I would like to inquire about WRF namelist.input settings

Kongs

Excuse me, in editing the namelist.input file, if d01 and d02, microphysics, and cumulus are different, how should they be set? For example, the D01 region needs to enable the microphysical solution, and the D02 region needs to be closed. However, an error will be reported during the setting. If the microphysical settings in these two regions should be consistent, how should they be displayed?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• e8266c95ffca65abff50c761ca4e6f4.png
    e8266c95ffca65abff50c761ca4e6f4.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 7
  • e65c553261d726b01d482d3a9490e83.jpg
    e65c553261d726b01d482d3a9490e83.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm not exactly sure I understand the question, but I'll try to respond. If you are running a 2-domain simulation, then MOST physics options must be the same for all domains. So for microphysics, if you're wanting to use option 6, this should be set as
mp_physics = 6, 6

Cumulus settings can differ across domains if you are wanting to simply use cumulus parameterization for one domain (the more-coarse domain) and then turn it off for a nested, higher-resolution domain that does not need it. So the setting you have (cu_physics = 10, 0) is okay.

I'm not exactly sure I understand the question, but I'll try to respond. If you are running a 2-domain simulation, then MOST physics options must be the same for all domains. So for microphysics, if you're wanting to use option 6, this should be set as
mp_physics = 6, 6

Cumulus settings can differ across domains if you are wanting to simply use cumulus parameterization for one domain (the more-coarse domain) and then turn it off for a nested, higher-resolution domain that does not need it. So the setting you have (cu_physics = 10, 0) is okay.
Thank you for your response. Although it is necessary to maintain consistency, for example, if I run a large eddy simulation region nested with a mesoscale region, the mp_physics is not required for the LES region, and mesoscale requires it. What should I do?

Microphysics should be required for all real simulations. Are you getting an error?