Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 10601ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.

i10_ir

Hi, I am new about using WRF but I have to complete my project. I have wrf v3.9.1 , but after using " mpirun -np 8 ./real.exe" I receive "command MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
message and İn rsl.out.0000 file again the message below is seen.

------ ERROR while reading namelist physics ------
------ ERROR while reading namelist dynamics ------
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 10601
ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.
-------------------------------------------

Could you please help me to fix the problem. Namelist.wps, namelist.input, rsl.out.000, rsl.error.000 filez are attached.

Attachments

• namelist.wps.wps
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.error.0000
    384 bytes · Views: 2
  • rsl.out.0000
    347 bytes · Views: 3
  • namelist.input
    4.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi, I am new about using WRF but I have to complete my project. I have wrf v3.9.1 , but after using " mpirun -np 8 ./real.exe" I receive "command MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
message and İn rsl.out.0000 file again the message below is seen.

------ ERROR while reading namelist dynamics ------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 10601

Could you please help me to fix the problem.
@i10_ir

Few things that will help us fix the problem.

1. namelist.input & namelist.wps
2. rsl.out & rsl.error files
3. GNU or Intel compilers?
4. Source data (GFS? ECMWF? Etc?)

@i10_ir
The error message is letting you know there is a problem with something in the physics section of your namelist, and something in the dynamics section. This can either be a misspelled word, an incorrect character, or a parameter the section does not recognize. I looked at your namelist and I believe these are the problems.

Code:
&physics
 ;use_aero_icbc                       = .true.

Perhaps you were trying to comment-out a line. If so, use an exclamation point, instead of a semicolon. Otherwise, please remove the semicolon.

Code:
&dynamics
 traj_opt                            = 0,

This parameter belongs in the &physics section (and you do already have it there too). Just remove it from the dynamics section.

@i10_ir
The error message is letting you know there is a problem with something in the physics section of your namelist, and something in the dynamics section. This can either be a misspelled word, an incorrect character, or a parameter the section does not recognize. I looked at your namelist and I believe these are the problems.

Code:
&physics
 ;use_aero_icbc                       = .true.

Perhaps you were trying to comment-out a line. If so, use an exclamation point, instead of a semicolon. Otherwise, please remove the semicolon.

Code:
&dynamics
 traj_opt                            = 0,

This parameter belongs in the &physics section (and you do already have it there too). Just remove it from the dynamics section.
I have done both of the changes, remove semicolon, remove traj_opt from dynamics part but not worked , I stil have had the same error massage. What else can I do, thnak you very much .

Does your new error log indicate where in the namelist the problem occurs? Can you attach your new rsl.error.0000 file (the full file), and your updated namelist.input file? Thanks.

Does your new error log indicate where in the namelist the problem occurs? Can you attach your new rsl.error.0000 file (the full file), and your updated namelist.input file? Thanks.
No, error log did not change. Updated files are here. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
  • rsl.error.0000
    330 bytes · Views: 5
The error log did actually change. The previous one said you had issues in the dynamics and physics sections. Now it just specifies the physics section, meaning there must be another issue, in addition to the one you already fixed.

Code:
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:   10601

You have the following in your &physics section of the namelist:

num_traj = 1000,

This belongs in the &domains section.

If you have any additional namelist issues, try looking in the WRF/Registry/Registry.EM_COMMON file to find the variables in that section. You can search for the namelist parameter (use a case insensitive search) and the line in the registry file should specify in which namelist section the parameter is expected. For example for num_traj,

Code:
rconfig   integer   num_traj        namelist,domains    1               1000    irh   "num_traj" "#of trajectory" ""

You can see that it says "namelist,domains," meaning it should be in the &domains section.