Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Guidance on Radar Data format

sray014

I'm trying to assimilate radar data into WRF but I'm a little confused about getting raw radar data into the text format that is required for WRFDA. I see the example format, but I'm unsure how to get data into that format. Also unsure the best sources for raw radar data. Is converting GRIB to the text format using python a good way to go about it? I've also noticed the AR2V format. Is there anything that can be done with that? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to assimilate radar data into WRF but I'm a little confused about getting raw radar data into the text format that is required for WRFDA. I see the example format, but I'm unsure how to get data into that format. Also unsure the best sources for raw radar data. Is converting GRIB to the text format using python a good way to go about it? I've also noticed the AR2V format. Is there anything that can be done with that? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Check the NCAR RDA database. It may have the radar data in the correct format already.