Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Help Needed with auxinput15 Fatal Error in WRF-Solar AOD550 Data Integration

S.A

Hi All,

I'm reaching out for assistance with an issue I've encountered while integrating AOD550 data from CAMS into WRF-Solar. Following the recommended settings for auxinput15 in the namelist.input and preparing aerinput_d<domain>.nc files for aerosol input, I've come across a fatal error during the model run. The error message is as follows:

"
Skipping over LUTYPE = USGS
LANDUSE TYPE = MODIFIED_IGBP_MODIS_NOAH FOUND 20 CATEGORIES
INPUT SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS
SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS FOUND 19 CATEGORIES
Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2024-01-27_00:00:00 for domain 1: 0.50910 elapsed seconds
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 314
Possibly missing file for = auxinput15
-------------------------------------------
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0"

This error suggests an issue with reading the auxinput15 files, although I've double-checked that the files are correctly named and placed in the expected directory (WRFV4.4.1/run).

I have prepared the aerinput_d<domain>.nc files with AOD5502D, XLAT, XLONG, and Times variables for each domain, following the guidelines. Despite this, the simulation fails with the mentioned error.

I am attaching my aerinput_d<domain>.nc files for both domains and the namelist.input for review. Could anyone please help me identify what might be causing this error? Any advice on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

aerinput_d01.nc : aerinput_d01
aerinput_d02.nc: aerinput_d02

Thank you in advance for your support and guidance.

Best regards,

Attachments

• namelist.input
    5.8 KB · Views: 20
Hi Samira,

When copying over XLAT, XLONG, and Times from a sample wrfout file, be sure to retain all the attributes and variable types for those variables. For instance, WRF can't deal with _FillValue of NaN; it has to be -999 or some other numeric value. You should also give AOD5502D similar attributes. Also, the Times variable in your aerinput_d0* files is an int64 with units of hours since some time. WRF can't deal with that; the Times variable must be a character array, as it is in any wrfout file. I'm not sure if those issues are causing the specific errors you're seeing, but they definitely have to be fixed before reading in that file can work.

Jared

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your response and your detailed guidance on ensuring the correct attributes and variable types for the XLAT, XLONG, and Times variables, as well as the AOD5502D variable in the aerinput_d<domain>.nc files. I've carefully reviewed your advice and made sure to adjust the _FillValue to -999.

Despite these adjustments, I'm still encountering the same fatal error during the WRF-Solar model run.
"Skipping over LUTYPE = USGS
LANDUSE TYPE = MODIFIED_IGBP_MODIS_NOAH FOUND 20 CATEGORIES
INPUT SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS
SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS FOUND 19 CATEGORIES
Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2024-02-27_00:00:00 for domain 1: 0.48660 elapsed seconds
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 314
Possibly missing file for = auxinput15
-------------------------------------------
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0"

Could there be another underlying issue that we're missing? I'm attaching the updated aerinput_d<domain>.nc files for both domains after making the corrections you suggested. I'm wondering if there might be something else in the namelist.input or another configuration that's causing the error, despite the adjustments to the aerinput files.

aerinput_d01 : aerinput_d01
aerinput_d02 : aerinput_d02

Best regards,
Samira

Hi,

I'm having the same problems inserting the cams data into WRF, did you manage to solve it?

Thanks in advanced!

S.A.,
There is a typo in your namelist:

auxinput15_inname = "aerinput_d<domaine>",

Note the extra 'e' character in domain that should be removed.