Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Help understanding outputs from wrfxtrm

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

marianfrias

Hello again :)
I have a doubt, i'm working on a project about extreme climate events, using the extreme climate indices, which are based on daily maximum and minimum temperature and daily total precipitation. The problema that I have is that I don't know which of my wrfxtrm parameters is that last one.
I have this 4 related to precipitation variables, and a friend of mine told me that the total daily precipitation is a sum of two variables but im not sure about that, here are the variables:
[11:24, 4/11/2020] Aaa: RAINCVMEAN "MEAN CUMULUS PRECIPITATION FLUX IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL"
[11:24, 4/11/2020] Aaa: RAINNCVMEAN MEAN GRID SCALE PRECIPITATION FLUX IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL
[11:25, 4/11/2020] Aaa: RAINCVMAX "MAXIMUM CUMULUS PRECIPITATION FLUX IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL
[11:25, 4/11/2020] Aaa: RAINNCVMAX MAXIMUM GRID SCALE PRECIPITATION FLUX IN DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT INTERVAL

I was thinking about pick the precipitation from wrfout if none of these is valid, i'm lost,somebody know anything about this?
Thank you very much :)