Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How install WRF-Chem version 4.2.1 on HPC using intel compiler

seti

Hi all,
I am running WRF-Chem version 4.4 and using chem-opt=202, and I encountered the below problem:
ASTEM internal steps exceeded 200
and after some hours of simulation, the model stopped.

I compiled the model using gfortran compiler. Now I want to install the model with intel compiler ( I would like to install WRF-Chem version 4.2.1 on an HPC. On the HPC intel compiler has been installed before ( ifort version 19.0.4.243)). But after setting the below environmental variables I cannot install libpng and NetCDF fortan, while I could install them using gfortran.

export CC=icc
export CXX=icpc
export FC=ifort
export F77=ifort
export F90=ifort
export MPIFC=mpiifort
export MPIF77=mpiifort
export MPIF90=mpiifort
export MPICC=mpiicc
export MPICXX=mpiicpc

So would you please advise me on how to sort this issue? What other environmental variables should be added, and what changes should be considered regarding configure.wrf file, please?

I read the below post that explains how to install WRF using the intel compiler, and it has been noted to add "sed", but it was not clear to me where should I add "sed"! Should it be added to configure.wrf file? If yes which lines, please?

Many thanks for considering my request.
best wishes,

I have another question:
Is this possible to compile the model by intel compiler, while using NetCDF, libpng, zlib, hdf5, mpich, curl, and jasper which have been installed using gfortran compiler?

I have another question:
Is this possible to compile the model by intel compiler, while using NetCDF, libpng, zlib, hdf5, mpich, curl, and jasper which have been installed using gfortran compiler?
you would have to rebuild all the libraries using intel compilers. wrf has to use all the same libraries using the same compilers.

So if you were want to use the HPC intel compilers you would have to install everything again from scratch.