Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to add AOD as Input to WRF-Solar

devc01

I'm trying to add 3D AOD as input to WRF-Solar. WRF-Solar is complied with modified registry with DNI and DIF included. I followed the guidelines & made my namelist.input as follows:
&time_control
auxinput15_inname = "ncr_d<domain>_25.nc"
auxinput15_interval = 60,
frames_per_auxinput15 = 1,
io_form_auxinput15 = 2,

&physics
aer_opt = 2,
aer_type = 2,
swint_opt = 1,
aer_aod550_opt = 2,
aer_angexp_opt = 2,

I used a dummy data of same WRF DNI forecast as AOD input, CAMS-ERA5 data and a sample data but always I'm getting similar error:
"Possibly missing file for = auxinput15"
But when I used auxinput4_inname with the same file, it worked, but that option is for SST update. What to do? Is that a file error or model error? Thanks in advance.

Dear devc01, could you attach the CAMS netCDF file which you tried to use as an auxiliary input?

Dear oscarh,
Thanks for reply. Sorry for being late. Here is attached my ERA text file but it cropped due to large file. It was converted from netcdf to text.
auxinput15_inname = 'ncr_d<domain>_25',
auxinput15_outname = 'auxinput15_d_<domain>_<date>',
I also tried with after adding auxinput15_outname, this time it ran without error. But I don't know whether WRF ingested AOD. My WRF run and AOD time is different although.

Attachments

• AOD-Feb.txt
    4 MB · Views: 39
Dear oscarh,
Thanks for reply. Sorry for being late. Here is attached my ERA text file but it cropped due to large file. It was converted from netcdf to text.
auxinput15_inname = 'ncr_d<domain>_25',
auxinput15_outname = 'auxinput15_d_<domain>_<date>',
I also tried with after adding auxinput15_outname, this time it ran without error. But I don't know whether WRF ingested AOD. My WRF run and AOD time is different although.

Hi, I'm sorry to bother you. did you solve your problem? I am having the same problem. Not sure if the aerosol data was added correctly (It also ran without error )​

Hi viviq18,
Finally it is solved. AOD dataset has to be prepared according to WRF compatible file. Times variable has to be included similar as in WRF output chars format.

Hi viviq18,
Finally it is solved. AOD dataset has to be prepared according to WRF compatible file. Times variable has to be included similar as in WRF output chars format.
Hi devc01, could you please give me a copy of the aod file, or give me the result of ncdump -h [auxinput15 file]? I want to make the file on my own, but I don't known the format of it.

Reactions: S.A
Hi,

Could you also send me the file or the result of the ncdump so that I can do the transformation on my own?