Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

I want to use my UPP Grib1 output files as input into ungrib of WPS to initialize another WRF run.

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

hertneky

Staff member
I want to use my UPP Grib1 output files as input into ungrib of WPS to initialize another WRF run. How can I do this?

We have received two sample parameter files to do this. One from the operational community and one from the user community. You may try either, we recommend trying the user provided files first. Please keep in mind that these files may need to be modified to fit your particular case.

Community contributions: Download the wrf_cntrl.parm.user and Vtable.UPP.user files and follow the procedures in the document provided: UPP_convert_wrfout_to_grib_for_ungrib.docx. Use with caution as these have not been thoroughly tested and the limitations are unknown at this time.

Operational contribution: Download this wrf_cntrl.parm.gsd file and follow the procedures in the document provided: UPP_convert_wrfout_to_grib_for_ungrib.docx. Use with caution as these have not been thoroughly tested and the limitations are unknown at this time.

Attachments

• wrf_cntrl.parm.user
    9.4 KB · Views: 53
  • wrf_cntrl.parm.gsd
    22.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Vtable.UPP.user
    4.6 KB · Views: 51
  • UPP_convert_wrfout_to_grib_for_ungrib.docx
    16.4 KB · Views: 53