Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Install-WRF-Chem-4.5-and-KPP-on-Ubuntu

Yusuf Alizade

The following shell script assists WRF-Chem users in installing the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model coupled with Chemistry (WRF-Chem) version 4.5 (the latest version) and Kinetic PreProcessor (KPP) on a 64-bit Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS system. Using this code, all essential settings, libraries, the latest version of WRF-Chem and WRF Pre-Processing System (WPS) will be installed automatically.

The following shell script assists WRF-Chem users in installing the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model coupled with Chemistry (WRF-Chem) version 4.5 (the latest version) and Kinetic PreProcessor (KPP) on a 64-bit Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS system. Using this code, all essential settings, libraries, the latest version of WRF-Chem and WRF Pre-Processing System (WPS) will be installed automatically.

How is this any different from @Whatheway code? Did you do something different?

Looks like you even cite his code in yours.
HathewayWill - Overview at the bottom of your source code.

Hi @WeatherHound,

Thank you for your comment and attention.

I know @Whatheway from Linkedin and WRF-Chem discussion group. I discussed with him before the posting this code in GitHub. When I posted this code, his installation code was related to the WRF-Chem version 4.4.2. I think he has updated his code to the latest version now. The section of "Install basic libraries" in my code differs from his code (lines 30-32). There were some bugs in his code. One of the bugs was related to the configure file that I corrected it in the line 227. In addition to this, some links such as Jasper download link didn't work correctly. I think he solved them after discussion. You can test both of them and check the results.

Last edited: