Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

MPAS run stops unexpectedly

Monica

Hi everyone,

I was doing regional MPAS simulations recently. The simulation of resolution is 3km and the time step is 10s. However, when the model progressed for a certain period of time, it stopped unexpectedly. Can anyone help me?

Best,
monica

Attachments

• 5950449.err.txt
    301.6 KB · Views: 2
  • log.atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
  • log.init_atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
  • namelist.atmosphere.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
  • namelist.init_atmosphere.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
At the end of the first time step, there are NaNs in the vertical velocity (w) field:
global min, max w NaN NaN
global min, max u -28.2947 28.1907
It may be that there are problems with one or more fields in either your ICs or LBCs. As an initial test, have you successfully run a global simulation (even on a coarser mesh -- perhaps the quasi-uniform 120-km mesh) with the same dataset that you're using for ICs in your regional simulation?

At the end of the first time step, there are NaNs in the vertical velocity (w) field:

It may be that there are problems with one or more fields in either your ICs or LBCs. As an initial test, have you successfully run a global simulation (even on a coarser mesh -- perhaps the quasi-uniform 120-km mesh) with the same dataset that you're using for ICs in your regional simulation?
Hi duda

I have successfully run a global simulation (global uniform 60km) and regional simulation (60km) with same datasets I am using for ICs (GFS). However, I only changed the regional simulation resolution of 3km (timestep 10s), the model stops unexpectedly.