Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

On the output of Photosynthetically Active Radiation in wrf chem

peng

Hello, everyone
I tried to output par at chem_opt=9. I found par (PAR mix ratio) in the wrfout file of ppmv. However, I want the unit of output Direct PAR(Photosynthetically Active Radiation) to be W/m2. I'm not sure how to convert it or what files to modify.
I would be grateful if you could provide any further assistance. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hi Peng,

PAR is a chemical compound (parrafins), not photosynthetically active radiation. You are looking for the diagnostic "ph_par" part of phot_opt=4. You will need to change the registry or add the ph_par field to an io_fields file (see User Guide) if you want to output it.

Jordan

Hi Peng,

PAR is a chemical compound (parrafins), not photosynthetically active radiation. You are looking for the diagnostic "ph_par" part of phot_opt=4. You will need to change the registry or add the ph_par field to an io_fields file (see User Guide) if you want to output it.

Jordan
Thank you very much for your reply, which made me realize my mistake. I will continue to understand in the direction you pointed out