Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

PM_10 doesn't be read with emiss_opt=4

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

maosier

Hi,

I'm running WRF-Chem v4.0 with chem_opt=9 (CBMZ-MOSAIC-4bin). I'm specifying emiss_opt=4 and emiss_inpt_opt=101 for this chemical mechanism. It turns out that the model is not reading my PM10 emissions and the concentrations of PM2.5 and PM10 remain the same. The registry.chem file shows that e_pm_10 variable doesn't included for emiss_opt=4. How can I add PM10 emissions when I using emiss_opt=4?

Thanks a lot,
Maosier

Hi Maosier,

From the looks of it, to add PM10 to your setup, you will need to only add e_pm_10 to the emiss_opt=4 package in registry.chem.

If you check out module_mosiac_addemiss.F, you should see this line:

+ fr_aem_mosaic_c(n)*emis_ant(i,k,j,p_e_pm_10) &

which is adding PM10 emissions to the OIN (other inorganics) emission category, which is then add to to the chem array down below. That said, it seems the code is mostly set up for this, you will just need to add it to the Registry (be sure to "./clean -a" before you re-compile).

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. I modified the registry.chem and recompiled, then it worked. Thanks a lot.

Maosier