Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Preparing CFSR data through WPS for use in init_atmosphere_model

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

cyclone6

I am attempting to make a MPAS global run in 1982, using CFSR v1 data. I have the appropriate pgbhf06*.grb2 and flxf06*.grb2 files for a single start time. My question concerns WPS:

When I ungrib each of these 2 files, I am left with 2 intermediate files, that could be merged together through metgrid if running WRF. But it appears MPAS requires a single intermediate file - as in the example from the MPAS page - CFSR:2010-10-23_00.

How are these 2 files merged into a single intermediate file? I looked through a lot of material, but could not seem to find how to do it.

Thanks...

Wait - I think I figured it out. It seems to work just fine with just the pgbh06 file - no need for the flxf06 file - correct? MPAS-A seems to be running at the moment...